Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Extra-Special Someone

Dreaming of someone,
As gentle as the dew.
Graceful as a someone can be.

Dreaming of someone,
And feeling very blue,
Because I know that someone isn't me.

And how I wish I could change myself.
Change to somebody new.
And how I long to exchange myself.
How I wish I were you.

Dreaming of making,
A garden in my mind,
Where poems grow like leaves on a tree.

Dreaming and waking,
And every time I find,
That extra special someone isn't me.

And how I wish I could change myself.
Change to somebody new.
And how I long to exchange myself.
How I wish I were you.

From an old muppet serial Fraggle Rock. Feeling like putting this down.. but I myself am not sure WHY!!!

5 comments:

Nethra said...

Hey, it was a nice poem but I didn't like the way the guy/girl in the poem wanted to be someone else. We are special if we see ourselves that way.

Shrikant said...

True.. We are special in the way we are.. But love is blind.. and that combined with the green eyed monster of jealousy makes us wonder..

And how I long to exchange myself.How I wish I were you.

Ranj said...

Nice post....Well narrated and green eyed monster is always there hidden in every relationship....

Rashmi Nair said...

hmmm... buy some costumes from ebay..we can be anyone as long as we have uniforms or costumes (baba ranchordas ki advice) .. just saw the movie again..like day before yesterday.. so still having the hangover. :P .. n dont worry tell the chica tht ur her green HULK.. she will swooOOoooon all over you!! (psst..psst..agony aunty advice) :P

Shrikant said...

@Ranj: Yeah jealousy and possessiveness seem to be omnipresent in any relationship

@Rashmi: Baba Ranchordas Rulz.. thats why insanity prevails!! And dont wanna be the green hulk.. his bum looks too big in whatever he wears or rather does not wear!!