Tuesday, January 13, 2009

More New Year Resolutions... Oops Bloggers Block

Hobbes: "How are you doing on your New Year's resolutions?"

Calvin: "I didn't make any. See, in order to improve oneself, one must have some idea of what's 'good.' That implies certain values. But as we all know, values are relative. Every system of belief is equally valid and we need to tolerate diversity. Virtue isn't 'better' than vice. It's just different."

Hobbes: "I don't know if I can tolerate that much tolerance."

Calvin: "I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior."
(c) Bill Waterson


Was going to write another piece related to New Year resolutions, but then after such an original opening (I did't say it was my original :D) I was like.. What next??

Am suffering from a mild case of Bloggers Block. Can't think of what to write about next.

I suppose all of us bloggers suffer from this kind of a rough patch at times. And quite a few of this species becomes all hot and bothered about the fact that their assembly line of blogposts doesnt seem to be functioning as expected. Some people even go through extended periods of depression when they're not able to think of bloggable ideas.

Hitherto i propose a solution to all those tense moments.. this solution is absolutely simple.. just a four step process...

Take a deep breath
Say Ommmmmmmmmmmmm

No No No No... thats not the way to do it (thats someone else's way to motivate himself to concentrate on Cost Accounting problems.. but thats another story altogether). The real technique is like this:
  1. Take a deep breath
  2. Say C O N T R O L...C
  3. Another deep breath
  4. Say C O N T R O L...V

Thats it... go ahead with this and you'll be able to reel of blogs like Henry Ford made T-Models (not sure if I got my facts correct.. but what the heck.. I don't care).

On a parting note, I have heard of a new breed of CONsultants (refer blogpost for definition) known as CnP (copy and paste) consultants rising fast amongst the hierarchies of organisations around the world who are using this technique to create mind blowing, revolutionary literature thats earning them kudos and millions of Euro-Dollars (term coined by someone else during a certain presentation at the BSE rotunda). The point I'm trying to make... Don't get left Behind

P.S. The guy trying to motivate himself in Cost Accounting ultimately ended up proving that TIME wasn't a continuum but a Random Repetition of Moments... just for your knowledge so you dont go on pestering me for a 76 page report on that statement

0 comments: