Sunday, September 13, 2009

Random Ramblings about Questions Galore

Am waiting for a friend's post on some sort of questions - like the omniscient I am, I am privy to what's going to be posted but I refuse to say that the post pertains to questions for all bloggers... so as to say for internet users in general. I would also like to say that I can't keep my silence.. but relax good friend (one who's going to do that post and anyone else who wants to be considered esteemed friend of the Great Your's Truly) I ain't going to tell anything bout the questions you going to post. (Upon hearing this, the great esteemed friend of the Great Your's Truly smiled slowly... slowly not to show mystique.. but just trying to remember the correct sequence of muscle movements :D

So, before I got into this unassuming discussion (whatever that means) about human muscular movements, I was going to talk about.. or rather not talk about the post on questions by this esteemed friend of the Great Your's Truly!!!

But not talking bout those questions, let me speak about some other questions. Here's a nice excerpt from The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy

"Don't you want to interrogate the prisoners, sir?" he squaled.
The Captain peered at him in bemusement.
"Why on Golgafrincham should I want to do that?" he asked.
"To get information out of them, sir! To find out why they came here!"
"Oh no, no, no," said the Captain. "I expect they just dropped in for a quick jynnan tonnyx, don't you?"
"But they're my prisoners! I must interrogate them!"
The Captain looked at them doubtfully.
"Oh all right," he said, "if you must. Ask them what they want to drink."
A hard cold gleam came into Number Two's eyes. He advanced slowly on Ford Prefect and Arthur Dent.
"All right, you scum," he growled, "you vermin..." He jabbed Ford with the Kill-O-Zap gun.
"Steady on, Number Two," admonished the Captain gently.
"What do you want to drink?!!" Number Two screamed.
"Well the jynnan tonnyx sounds very nice to me," said Ford. "What about you, Arthur?"
Arthur blinked.
"What? Oh, er, yes," he said.
"With ice or without?!" bellowed Number Two.
Oh, with, please," said Ford.
"Lemon??!!"
"Yes, please," said Ford, "and do you have any of those little biscuits? You know, the cheesey ones?"
"I'm asking the questions!!!!" howled Number Two, his body shaking with apoplectic fury.


Speaking of Questions.. the word.. it begins with a Q..  Nah i aint talking about the Q from James bond movies.. but the alphabet Q.. the one we learned about in nursery REMEMBER!!! 
Here's a nice little story from another book from the Hitchikers trilogy in four parts (from Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

He picked up the letter Q and hurled it into a distant privet bush where it hit a young rabbit. The rabbit hurtled off in terror and didn't stop till it was set upon and eaten by a fox which choked on one of its bones and died on the bank of a stream which subsequently washed it away.

During the following weeks Ford Prefect swallowed his pride and struck up a relationship with a girl who had been a personnel officer on Golgafrincham, and he was terribly upset when she suddenly passed away as a result of drinking water from a pool that had been polluted by the body of a dead fox. The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush.

More on questions??
Remember Andaz Apna Apna.. one of the dialogues
Uncle k Sawaal.. mere jawaab... uncle ka ek sawaal.. mere do do jawaab... sawaal jawaab... sawaal jawaab... sawaal jawaab.. firrr.. LAMBI KHAMOSHI!!!

For a moment nothing happened.. and for a second or so... nothing continued to happen (Quoting another quotable quote from the Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy)

I want to answer another question that my end up in the comments section.
Now you know where I draw my inspiration for writing the mindless crap comes from... From this best selling Trilogy in four parts.. the Hitchhikers trilogy!!!

8 comments:

Neha said...

dude, the post indeed pertains to bloggers...that you will know once i have published it...later tonite maybe...

Shrikant said...

GOD!!! And I was expecting you to show angst at the other stuff written in the post... some people can be so over obsessed with their own things!!! :P

Neha said...

na na, i should have said, its a combination of 2...;)

Shrikant said...

Woopsie.. I forgot to close the parenthesis in the first para last line... Hint for you Neha... Read that line carefully!!!

Neha said...

ha ha ha (now thts a sarcastic one)...did u read my post? wat do u think?

Shrikant said...

I liked it.. Don't wanna comment on it cuz u have the crappyright to it and you dont wanna get me started or I might just finish off writing page long essays on each question. Much like the in-depth analysis of the earlier fiction post of yours if you remember what I said!!!

Neha said...

shane, say u dont wanna answer...dont give crap...btw, how is the word crappyright?

Shrikant said...

I already gave you my answers on saturday!!! But just loved the word CRAPPYRIGHT